- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a bowl mix soy bean, salt, pepper, ketchup, light soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine. Set aside.
- Marinate your pork with the mixture above.
- Place your carrots at the bottom if your baking dish, then layer your pork on top of the carrots.
- Next, place onions and garlic on top of the pork.
- Sprinkle sesame oil all over the dish.
- Bake at 220C for an hour. It might appear to be watery at first but it would reduce.
- Put on the grill 10 min before to grill the pork on all side. This will give it a good caramel colour as well as to reduce the sauce further.
If you don't have ketchup at home, you can replace it with 2 tbsp of tomato paste, 1 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp of sugar.
If you are using pork ribs, you might have to increase the sauce and baking time.
This dish is best eat with plain rice and some fresh lettuce leaves for the extra crunch. My french family gave it a 3 thumbs up :)
Hope you like it as much as we like it!