|This feather friend of mine has notthing to do with my recipe :)|
3 Tbsp Creme Fraiche (heavy cream)
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- After 30mins, open the oven and pour in the white wine. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Then stir in some creme fraiche and bake for another 5 mins.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley and serve with mash potatoes or some tagliatelle.
Recipe for Gnocchi
2 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into large cubes)
2 cups flour ( 2 cups flour to 2 medium potatoes)
salt to taste
- In a pot place potatoes cubes, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Once potatoes are cooked through but still a little firm. Mash it with potato masher and season with salt and let cool.
- Add flour into cooled mash potatoes and mix well with a wooden spoon then knead with hand. It can be very sticky.
- In a bowl, put some extra flour. Spoon out a big table spoon of the mixture and drop it into the flour then take out and roll it into a sausage then cut them into about 2 cm long.
- Use a fork, lightly press and drag the little dough ball towards you. It will form a little curved up dough ball with the fork mark.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add 1/4 of the gnocchi. As they cook, gnocchi will rise to the surface of the water.
- Then remove with a large slotted spoon and drain well. Repeat with remaining gnocchi.
- Serve immediately, tossed together with your favourite sauce or just lightly brown them in a pan with some olive oil and serve as a side dish.